Days Inn by Wyndham wants to give a lucky traveler two weeks of free travel — and the hotel company will fully fund it, and throw in a $10,000 bonus. You read that right. With the hotel chain’s popular Sunternship returning this year, Days Inn will give an adventure seeker an all-expense paid trip to explore America, and as a bonus, the hotel will also pay that person $10,000 to travel for the 2 weeks.
With travel being one of the main sources of motivation this year, it’s no surprise that America’s youth are choosing to take a step back and reclaim summer ’21 with sun-soaked experiences outside of the living room. A recent survey found that as many as 22% of college students recently took a full or partial gap year. With travel restrictions easing, many are now looking to summer as their chance to come out of a year-long travel hibernation. Luckily, Days Inn wants everyone to Seize the Days, and this year’s “Suntern” will be tasked with packing their bags for a two-week, cross-country summer jaunt, inspiring other sun chasers with the ultimate gap year bucket list.
This customizable, two week-long dream job entails safely exploring some of America’s most desirable destinations and creating lasting memories through captured moments. The Suntern’s creative content and “Hot List” of experiences will be featured on the brand’s website and social media channels.
Here are the hard details:
- Travel to domestic destination(s) for two weeks this summer.
- Document your adventures with unique photo and video content.
- Develop a “Hot List” of 10 Ways to Seize the Days.
- Inspire others by sharing your travels on social media.
- A bright, social-media savvy travel enthusiast and aspiring photographer.
- At least 21 years old.
- U.S. resident with a valid federal or state-issued ID.
- Hungry for new experiences with a passion for travel.
- The ability to travel nationally for two consecutive weeks in August 2021.
- $10,000 payday.
- Paid hotel accommodations for two weeks at Days Inn locations in the U.S. plus ground transportation.
- A $250 daily travel stipend, allowing you to explore your sunny destination(s) to the fullest.
- Major street cred: Content and Hot List featured on Days Inn website and social media channels.
- Wyndham Rewards® Diamond level membership.
- A glowing recommendation from a Days Inn by Wyndham executive upon successful completion of the Sunternship.
How to Apply:
Visit the site by June 1, 2021 to submit an original sun-filled photo, as well as a 300-word entry describing your dream domestic itinerary and why we should send you on it this summer. Days Inn will assess applicants’ photography and storytelling skills before selecting the person for the job.
3 sustainable travel trends for 2021, according to Kind Traveler
Why not book yourself a post-pandemic summer getaway to Mexico?
Interns can get paid to work and live in Las Vegas this summer
Travelbinger is proud to be a publisher with Google News and Apple News.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Please do! I’m a one-man team for this website, so any help is sincerely appreciated.
Travelbinger is now on YouTube! Subscribe here for exclusive travel tips and advice from founder Jimmy Im. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.