In celebration of IHG Hotels & Resorts‘ new Department of Epic, designed to help guests bring their travel dreams to life, consumers are invited to enter the IHG sweepstakes for the chance to live “rent free” for an entire year at its properties like Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Holiday Inn Express, and more. The total value of the prize to travel a full year for free is worth $60,000.
The winner will also receive epic perks like access to a private car, a personal booking concierge, complimentary ultimate snack setup and even the chance to swap out their old mattress for a luxury one they’ve come to love during their year-long hotel stay, according to IHG.
The contest aims to give guests back the time, memories and travel experiences lost in 2020.
The full list of perks for the contest winner include:
- Ultimate Snack Setup: The winner will receive a complimentary basket full of their favorite snacks every time they check into a new hotel. Gummy bears in bed? The Department will deliver them right to your room.
- 12 Months of Meals: Over the course of the year, the winner will be able to dine at one of IHG’s award-winning restaurants, once a month.
- Gift of Perfect Sleep: To avoid the dreaded transition of returning to their bed after a year of dreamy slumbers, the winner will be able to swap out their home mattress with a deluxe option that they’ve come to love during their stay.
- Private Car: To get around, IHG will give the winner access to a private car at select hotels to take them wherever they want to go around the city.
- Robe Collection: The winner will enjoy the coziest, over-the-top collection of iconic Kimpton robes that have long been recognized for their memorable designs ranging from leopard to seersucker to tie dye and will serve as the perfect souvenir from the year.
- Immediate IHG Rewards Status: The winner will become a Spire Elite rewards member, the program’s highest level of membership.
- Personal Booking Concierge: All hotel reservations will be made through a personal booking concierge to help the winner select the perfect destination and hotel for each day of the year.
In addition to these exclusive perks and as part of the Department of Epic, IHG will provide tailored experiences through a Surprise & Delight Program. All consumers who are “Epic’d” will be rewarded with “Epic Extras” – from plush hotel slippers to a penthouse booking, the program will help create more memorable moments.
To enter the contest, travelers with wanderlust are invited to take to Instagram and Twitter and ‘tell IHG why they need an epic vacation – without telling IHG they need an epic vacation’, using #IHGTellMeContest and tagging @ihghotels. The winner will be announced on August 2.
IHG is accepting submissions from June 22 through July 20. Entries will be collected on Instagram and Twitter and must tag @IHGhotels and include #IHGTellMeContest. Click here for a list of terms and conditions. Consumers who want to learn more about the Department of Epic campaign can watch IHG’s short film entitled “Open Up Your World,” which features various IHG destinations around the world and a sneak peek at some of the epic experiences guests can enjoy. The film will be featured on the brand’s website, social media platforms and more.
Check out our new favorite Samsonite carry-on luggage on Amazon!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Please do! I’m a one-man team for this website, so any help is sincerely appreciated.