Donald Trump spends the most on air travel a year—nearly $10 million—according to research by Stratos Jets, a private jet charter firm. The company delved into the spending habits of some of the world’s most well-known celebrities and world leaders, to create the first Private Jet Rich List.
The research, conducted by Stratos Jets, reveals that the ongoing costs of necessities such as fuel, cabin crew, hangarage (parking your jet in an aircraft hangar), and insurance cost celebs between $700,000 and $9,000,000 per year.
In terms of celebrities flying private jets, the research shows that billionaire Kylie Jenner has her very own Bombardier Global 7500 (costing between $50 – $70 million dollars), running a cost of anywhere between $1,450,000 – $2,500,000 per year, depending on flight hours, according to Stratos Jets. Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and Angela Merkel are at the top of the list, spending a total of $19,150,000 per year between them.
— Daily Express (@Daily_Express) March 25, 2021
The celebrities spending the most annually on their private jet air travel are:
- Donald Trump – $9,250,000, Boeing 747-200B
- Vladimir Putin – $5,300,000, IL-96-300PU
- Angela Merkel – $4,600,000, Airbus A340-313X VIP
- President of Kazakhstan, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev – $4,460,000, Airbus A330-243 Prestige
- Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah – $4,260,000, Airbus A340-212
- Prince Al-Waleed of Saudi Arabia – $3,860,000, Boeing 747-400
- Roman Abramovich – $3,580,000, Boeing 767-33AER (Owned)
- Boris Johnson – $2,700,000, Airbus A330
- John Travolta – $2,250,000, Boeing 707 (Owned)
- Kylie Jenner – $1,450,000, Bombardier Global 7500 (Owned)
The full league table of the 20 celebrities who spend the most per year on private air travel, and further data can be found here. The firm commissioned the research to provide an insight into how much it really costs to own and run a private jet, compared to chartering a jet each time you travel, determining the celebrities that spend the most on private jets.
Aside from the private Boeing-747 her and recently separated husband Kanye West rented for a long haul flight – which costs roughly $200,000 per hour – Kim Kardashian (ranked No 20 on the list) only travels on chartered private jets. The cost of chartering a private jet each year (depending on flying hours) can be anywhere between $300,000 – $730,000.
I tried the secret VIP terminal at LAX – this is what it’s like
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Please do! I’m a one-man team for this website, so any help is sincerely appreciated.